Hello from Chiang Rai

Introduce yourself to fellow brewers here

Re: Hello from Chiang Rai

Postby David 1963 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Why not try to contact the owner and find out. Should be fairly easy to track down.
David 1963
Swaying round like a HomePro wardrobe!

Postby brake034 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:16 pm

If somebody has the details on the owner of the Chiang Mai microbrewery, please send me the details in a PM.
Thanks, Marcel
brake034
Sober

Postby brake034 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:14 pm

Back after an absence, I had parked my ideas about a microbrewery but after a discussion with friends about the current market in Thailand for craft beers I thought I should visit here and see what's brewing.......
brake034
Sober

Postby rivetcatcher » Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Welcome back brake. How far down the line did u get with it?
Planning: Rivet Catcher Rev2, Rivets SNPA version 2
Brewing:
Conditioning: Rivet Catcher Rev1
Drinking:
Drank:All Grain Zombie Dust clone, Rivets SNPA
rivetcatcher
Ive only jusht met you shh-weetheart but I sh-ink I love shoe

Postby relsurtam » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Yep, it is a perfect time for a brewpub. Certainly in BKK. The craft/micro beer interest is holding it seems. Let The Boy Die, despite the name seems to be holding on too. Not sure if they are fully licensed or not. There are several places selling bootleg homebrew, but that place seems to operating as a brewpub.

Best,

Mat
relsurtam
Could I have one beer kind sir!

Postby brake034 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:39 pm

I didn't get very far, we started to talk with the local tax guys, an accountant and a lawyer. Needless to say you get contradicting info so after a couple of months I gave up.

Now is a different time and I am in contact with Silom Beer, 11th Fort and Sandport, young Thai brewers making American influenced craft beers.
I just have a box of Weizen and Abby Double from Silom and hope to get some from the other 2 too.

These young Thai craft brewers all seem to spring off from Chit Beer and on this thread I posted a nice video: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=490&start=20
If I understand well Chit Beer is now trying to get a legal status as craft brewery which can distribute.

Brewpub's are legal in Thailand but have a hard time commercially, they cannot distribute the beer outside of the pub and I believe they even cannot bottle it!
brake034
Sober

Previous

Return to Guestbook