Bangkok Homebrew Club Anyone?

Having a party? Do you know of a festival? Organising a night out with fellow beer enthusiasts? This is the place to do it!!!

Re: Bangkok Homebrew Club Anyone?

Postby relsurtam » Thu May 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi Folks,

I apologize if I have let this slide somewhat. Mgll, tooth extraction has been ok, although the dentist wants to offset the two teeth by a couple weeks. I walked in expecting them both to ripped out never to be seen again.

I am available pretty much any time any day of the week. Weekday evenings are good as well as a weekend afternoon. I would like to propose we set a date in stone for the end of June. I plan to have a batch ready, but if for some reason a wrench gets thrown in as an emergency fix I will provide enough good beer ordered from Wishbeer or Beervana for everyone.

So, i am commited and open as to a day.

Thank you for being patient.

Cheers,

Mat
relsurtam
Could I have one beer kind sir!

Postby Sequoia » Thu May 25, 2017 7:22 pm

I should be around late June and I will have something to bring. My schedule is flexible so whatever date/time the host wants should work for me.

Cheers
Sequoia
Sober

Postby mgll » Thu May 25, 2017 7:37 pm

I just pitched a best bitter yesterday (bubbling away nicely as I type) and I'm planning to brew an all citra pale ale within the next ten days so I should have plenty to bring along. However, I keg all my booze so I need to figure out a way I can bottle without spoiling the carbonation.

Friday night, June 23rd is the only time I can't meet but good to go apart from that. Looking forward to it :D
mgll
Tipsy

Postby relsurtam » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I propose one of these three days: Thursday 29 June, Friday 30 June or Saturday 1 July. If it is a weekday I am assuming folks will need to meet after work. If we meet Saturday, perhaps we can meet in the afternoon. Let me know what works for everyone, I will be at the shop all day regardless.

Below is a google maps link the the location. Unfortunately there is not really parking, so MRT or cab is best. I can meet people on the strert or at the MRT station too.

Humble Projects
41/40, Soi Sunthon Phimon, Khwaeng Rong Muang, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330
https://goo.gl/maps/Ds9CYceeyq82

Best,

Mat
relsurtam

Postby mgll » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 am

Hey Mat,

Sounds great. Should be no problem getting there with the MRT. Friday night or Saturday is best for me. I'll probably have another homebrewing friend come along also. I'll have two beers to bring along for everyone to try.
Last edited by mgll on Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgll
Tipsy

Postby mightyyt » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi Mat

I can come either day/time. Will bring a six pack of Chang in case the members' home brews are as skunky as the beer I had last night at Chit's Turtle Bar....
mightyyt
Wobbly legs

Postby rivetcatcher » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Let us know how you get on, unfortunately Im away at work so wont be able to make it

Rivet
Planning: Rivet Catcher Rev2, Rivets SNPA version 2
Brewing:
Conditioning: Rivet Catcher Rev1
Drinking:
Drank:All Grain Zombie Dust clone, Rivets SNPA
rivetcatcher
Ive only jusht met you shh-weetheart but I sh-ink I love shoe

Postby relsurtam » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:54 pm

To bad you can't make it Rivet. There will be chances in the future to meet. To bad about the bad beer at Turtle bar Mightyyt, for what it's worth, i never share anything I think is off or bar in any way.

If everyone is flexible, I think we will set the date at Saturday 1 July at 3:00pm. That will give us time to get out to the dinner parties and what have you.

I will post a week ahead to remind everyone.

Best,
Mat
relsurtam

Postby relsurtam » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Dear All,

For those that are available and would like to join the homebrew club it is scheduled for next Saturday, July 1 at 3 PM at:
Humble Projects
41/40, Soi Sunthon Phimon, Khwaeng Rong Muang, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330
https://goo.gl/maps/UJxAMhw129y

So far Mgll, Mightyyt, Chang1865, and Sequoia have shown interest, are you all still coming? I am thinking I should PM all of you my telephone number in case you have any questions about the location.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Best,

Mat
relsurtam

Postby mgll » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm still in Mat and a friend will come along with me also. Ya maybe PM your number just in case. Let me know the final numbers too and I'll bring along some beers.
mgll
Tipsy

PreviousNext

Return to Beer festivals, parties and social gatherings