Keg vs Bottle

All questions regarding the art of brewing can be posted here. All are welcome from newbie to seasoned brewer. No question is too silly, after all, we all have to start somewhere.

Re: Keg vs Bottle

Postby David 1963 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Udomsuk is Sukhumvit 103, and has its own BTS station. It's also very close to where I live. Changing the subject for a moment: there is a pub/restaurant in Udomsuk called Wooodchips (there are supposed to be three o's) that sells rather good Thai-brewed beer.

Getting back to the OP's question, am I right in thinking once you open a keg, you've got to drink all the contents within a couple of days or so or it will go off? That would make bottles a better choice for me. Also, how do you keep a keg of beer at the right temperature?
David 1963
Swaying round like a HomePro wardrobe!

Postby Bailorgana3 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:29 am

David 1963 wrote:Udomsuk is Sukhumvit 103, and has its own BTS station. It's also very close to where I live. Changing the subject for a moment: there is a pub/restaurant in Udomsuk called Wooodchips (there are supposed to be three o's) that sells rather good Thai-brewed beer.

Getting back to the OP's question, am I right in thinking once you open a keg, you've got to drink all the contents within a couple of days or so or it will go off? That would make bottles a better choice for me. Also, how do you keep a keg of beer at the right temperature?

Well no, you dont have to drink it that fast (though i have on occasion, done just that ). Properly carbed beer with co2 hooked up to keep serving pressure, will last a good long while. I keep my kegs in a temp controlled fridge.
Olly Olly Oxen Free
Bailorgana3
Drunk

Postby AsianMead » Thu May 19, 2016 12:30 pm

I have 10 liter keg and mini co2 tank in my hand but never try force carbonation by co2 tank.
Just not enough space to put those things together in the same fridge, so far still happy with bottle condition taste, will try keg when the space is expanded.
AsianMead
Wobbly legs

Postby Bailorgana3 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Or drill a hole and keep the tank outside the fridge like I do heh
Olly Olly Oxen Free
Bailorgana3
Drunk

C02 REFILL SHOP LOCATION SUKUHUMVIT 101 PRAKANONG

Postby NEAL » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:13 am

CO2 BEVERAGE GRADE REFILL SHOP SUKHUMVIT 103 ADDRESS - ANYONE HAVE IT? OR GPS CO-ORDINATES - THANKS
NEAL

Postby DylanJam » Wed May 31, 2017 2:09 pm

I always use kegs.
DylanJam

Previous

Return to Brewing Questions